- In relation to the enforcement on 1 May 2009 of a new European regulation aiming at enhancing the passengers’ responsibility in respect of the transfer of products of animal origin in their personal baggage, Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport EAD advises you hereby that:
• Upon arrival from any country beyond the European Union, with the exception of Andorra,the Faroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, San Marino and Switzerland, any importation of meat or dairy products shall be prohibited.
• Regardless of whether for personal consumption or as a present, the same products shall be confiscated.
• Any violation of this prohibition shall result in criminal prosecution and penalties.
• For further details, please refer to the local veterinary authorities.
The full text of this REGULATION (ЕU) No 206/2009 OF THE COMMITTEE is accessiblehere.